• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Expertise is a dead mechanic. Change my mind

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Expertise is a dead mechanic. Change my mind


    Expertise is a dead mechanic. Change my mind

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 10:45 PM PDT

    Worth it? Can someone explain?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Just a general question. Many people are asking if video games are worth playing. In particular, many people ask if this game is worth playing. This game is free. How can a free game not be worth playing?

    Outside of some very specific arguments on trying maximize recreational enjoyment by picking the perfect game to spend time on, I just don't really get it.

    I'm not the world's biggest gamer, and I'm not extremely learned on current gaming culture. I played video games of all kinds heavily up until the age of ~18. In college I played somewhat less frequently. Usually Call of Duty with other peeps on my dorm floor. During summer and by myself I'd mostly play Morrowind, Skyrim, Saints row, etc. Spent a fair bit of time playing those games. In medical school, I'd have short 1-2 month bursts of playing old games 2-3 days per week (mostly Morrowind again haha). Got really into Stepmania again toward the latter days of med school. Got into TESL while interviewing for residency. Now in residency, I essentially only play TESL for a few games per day. That's all just context. So here's my real question.

    Why is there such a seemingly extensive vetting process when it comes to playing games nowadays? I can understand not wanting to blow money on a crappy game, but this game is free to play. It seems to me that people don't really play games for the mechanics anymore. It's like gaming has become its own bubble of pop culture in which people play games to continually consume updates and garner social acceptance rather than actually enjoying the process of playing the game. A similar question can be posed regarding the huge exodus after the game was deemed, "dead". Did the game suddenly become "unfun" overnight because it's no longer receiving updates? Hell, I'm still intermittently playing an unmodded Morrowind from time to time which would be deemed, "dead" for decades at this point by the apparent popular opinion.

    Can someone please explain this new philosophy/attitude that seems so prevalent (to an outsider) in the gaming community? Also, If you feel I've completely missed the mark, that is also fair. I'm admittedly not an expert.

    submitted by /u/AreYouAFuckinAss
    [link] [comments]

    Had a little fun with Chinese arts

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Any advice for a returning player?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    I remember playing a couple of years ago and decided to install the game again. But I remember absolutely nothing about it. Any advice to getting back is more than welcome.

    submitted by /u/Lichrest
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment