• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 28, 2021

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Wish this game had timers.

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Wish this game had timers.


    Wish this game had timers.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 12:26 PM PST

    I just encountered the most annoying opponent. Playing invade I can forgive, but literally every turn they just roped. What is up with players having terrible manners.

    submitted by /u/sithbinks
    [link] [comments]

    Value in Control Decks

    Posted: 28 Nov 2021 09:01 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I've been thinking a lot about my own playstyle and how to improve.

    I still get the dreaded ladder anxiety (despite hitting Legend several times in the past), so I mostly only do a few matches a day.

    For anyone interested in starting out, I feel this is a hugely important aspect of control decks newcomers to the style overlook. It's why I don't like playing old control Tribunal - jam every removal in, never attack until you have 2x Seducer on board and hope you don't run out of cards.

    It's quite often much better to hold on to cards that you may THINK you need at that very second. Let's take Ice Storm. You think you're in a tough spot so drop it instantly, only for the opponent to play more into said card had you just held it a turn longer... and now you have no out to the onslaught.

    This is why I feel decks involving red or green are actually pretty good for control - they keep your tempo up AS you're controlling. See Leaflurker, Black Hand Messenger, Shearpoint Dragon, even Cradlecrush Giant.

    Technically I'd say Control Redoran has an absolutely obnoxious amount of removal and draw power, but for some reason I just never enjoyed the playstyle and I'm not sure why... any thoughts?

    What is everyone else's strategy regarding control? What's everyone's favourite deck type for the archetype?

    I''m personally enjoying Telvanni, if it goes well it feels like you have a neverending draw engine - the gift that keeps on giving. I know, I know. It's generally hated. But I feel that everyone seems to hate anything that is effective or efficient.

    I'm not including Invade in this statement, getting highrolled to death by totally random bullshit is a totally justifiable thing to hate on, but well-constructed decks always feel at least fair to lose against, even if they scare us as soon as we see the colours crop up.

    "Oh crap it's gonna be tokens/Dwemer. This'll be rough"

    Workshop Dwemer at present probably has the best value engine in the entire game and I'll admit I used it on my old account, having basically UNLIMITED POWA feels like fun, until you realise everyone else hates you xD

    Basically just wanted to start a discussion on what everyone's thoughts are on this concept, and if it helps some new players who feel they're bashing their heads against a wall with deckbuilding (and thus resort to bastard Invade or whatever) then that can only be a good thing, right?

    TL;DR - Value is one of the most crucial aspects of deckbuilding AND playing matches. Discuss.

    submitted by /u/Hircine_the_Huntsman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment