• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 27, 2021

    Elder Scrolls: Legends How many uses should the mana-ring have ?

    Elder Scrolls: Legends How many uses should the mana-ring have ?


    How many uses should the mana-ring have ?

    Posted: 27 May 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    Back in the days when I started playing ESL, I came from hearthstone and was quite surprised that the player going second had, pretty much, 3 "coins" to use (albeit at 3 different turns). I still find that having the ring gives you almost an unfair advantage, granted you're not completely screwed over by your draws, and would personally like to see the number of uses reduced to 2 (perhaps even 1).

    (edit: spelling)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/StarCaller990
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having log in troubles? Been going on since about 3pm.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    Give us something to show for achieving legend rank?!

    Posted: 27 May 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    Hey fellow ESL players!

    I've been playing this game for a really long time and firmly believe that it's one of the most balanced, unique, and creative CCGs out there (other than the lapse in judgement that allowed invade mechanics to happen). The multitude of different synergies and play styles is incredible to behold and the meta is representative of every "class" from month to month.

    Even in its current state, where new cards are only released as monthly rewards, I really only have one major issue with the outlook of this game: we have nothing to show for our accomplishments in past seasons, particularly - the accomplishment of having attained legend rank (other than the basic "best rank" & total wins stats which, IMO, is not enough).

    Don't get me wrong, I think it's good that we're reverted back a few ranks on the ladder so that people don't start each season already have attained legend rank. That being said, as someone who's reached legend before, I feel less and less motivated to do so each time I achieve it. This is largely because my accomplishment disappears at the end of the season, and I have to start the grind all over again without so much as a notch in my belt to show for it.

    I'm really not asking for much, so to not interfere with gameplay, etc. But I firmly believe that the implementation of a tiny cosmetic indication would drastically improve the future outlook of this game. All I ask for is a tiny little symbol on my profile that says "Pockettflip achieved legend rank x times"..... that's literally all I want.

    My suggestion: ESL implements a purely cosmetic token to be displayed on your profile that represents your achievements.

    Rough Example:
    Attaining Rank 1-100 Legend earns you a gold crown.
    Rank 101-500 earns you a silver crown.
    All other legends receive a bronze crown.

    When you visit someone's profile, you can see the # of each crown they've earned somewhere amongst the other obscure achievements (# of stones thrown somehow won out to this??). IDGAF what they look like. Maybe certain titles are unlocked after achieving legend rank a certain number of times? But now I'm just getting ahead of myself.

    This simple little strategy was employed by another mobile game I used to play, D.O.T. Defender of Texel, and and made me feel like I was progressing through the game even though I knew it was in no way changing my gameplay. I believe that the same thing could work for ESL to help preserve motivation from season to season, increase the number of packs bought/opened, etc.

    I can't be the only one who's had an idea like this! Any like-mindeds out there?

    submitted by /u/pockettflip
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment