• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 20, 2019

    Elder Scrolls: Legends We Have the First Known Photos of Matt Oblivium!

    Elder Scrolls: Legends We Have the First Known Photos of Matt Oblivium!


    We Have the First Known Photos of Matt Oblivium!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 04:58 AM PST

    Made you click! Today's profile is mystery man u/MattOblivium. Another OG whom I've followed for a long time, there are two things I know I'm guaranteed when I drop into a Matt Oblivium stream:

    1. Being soothed by the warm, dulcet tones of Matt's voice, and
    2. Some great, original Johnny-Spike game play

    I mean, this is the man who made Spider Lair and Nest of Noodles relevant. Check out the man, the myth, the legend at https://www.twitch.tv/mattoblivium/ and embrace oblivion!

    -Where are you from?

    I'm from the little town of Lisse, home of the world famous ( yet practically unknown ) Keukenhof, in The Netherlands! Only 40km-ish from Amsterdam.

    -What games do you generally play?

    It might be easier to say what I don't play haha. All games tactics, aka, card games, RTS, turn based stratagies, the only tactics/strategy type game I'm not really into are CRPG's. I do quite like RPG's in general, but real time combat CRPG's never really do it for me. Also love me some Dark Souls-y games and Roguelikes. these are the main games I'm into nowadays, oh, and whatever genre you call Rimworld, cuz that goes a little further than just management RTS.

    -What other card games do you play besides TESL?

    Hmm, Before TESL I had played Hearthstone like most, but I already barely played it by the time TESL rolled around. I used to play YuGiOh as a kid with the other kids in the neighbourhood, man it's impossible to replicate the days of being a complete noob to all the rules and just playing cool cards. I still play YuGiOh a little with their ridiculously overpriced YuGiOh Duel Links mobile game. Nostalgia is a pretty strong drug. Otherwise I've dabbled a little in Eternal and Magic and have come to the conclusion that lands suck and games with drawable lands should get a rework!!!! I've checked out Mythgard and Legends of Runeterra a little as well, both great games but since Runeterra has the whole League of Legends stuff behind it we'll probably see a bunch more of that in the future, though both are great games that fix the problems Magic has for me. Also, there's this Warhammer Fantasy cardgame called Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions. It's not the prettiest, but definitely does things very different from your normal cardgame, shame it never caught on, though it seems to be doing alright in it's physical form. Oh, and Gwent in closed beta, but that's not even the same game anymore. And then last Artifact.. Describing that game would need a whole paragraph of it's own.

    -What is your favorite card in TESL?

    I think currently it's Fleeting Apparition. It's like a mini conscription in the way that it forces you to only put cards in that would be useful with it and otherwise Fleeing itself is useless, so it really gives you some hard choices deckbuilding-wise, but I recently made a deck where it's actually good in!

    -What is your favorite deck/playstyle in TESL?

    Probably slightly-too-greedy midrange and slightly-too-greedy-control, there might be a common theme there.. I just like adding a little to much value for my own good sometimes and get deleted by things that are faster than me.

    -What inspires you to stream?

    At this point what keeps me going back to the stream is chat. I love talking about everything and nothing.

    -What is your preferred content platform? When do you normally stream or how often do you normally upload?

    Youtube is way to scary for me with how they treat their content creators, so I just stick to Twitch where I stream daily excluding Thursday from 14:00 (2pm) Central EU to 19:00 (7pm) Central EU.

    -What content do you normally talk about?

    I usually comment on my gameplay and just talk about the game in general, but we also talk about current events, personal stream related things that are to depressing to talk about and I really should stop, normal personal things but never ever happens cuz I basically live in my room, the ever forbidden topics of politics and religion ( we have gotten pretty good at cutting that off before chat just starts fighting though, don't worry ), and just games in general I guess.

    -Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

    Uh, be sure to <sponsored comment> and to spend all your money at <sponsored brand>.

    Invade did nothing wrong except for being a bullshit combo or being hyper mundus stone, the whole community has always loved both! /s

    submitted by /u/Stalinski13
    [link] [comments]

    Finally!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:33 AM PST

    Grand Melee returning this weekend with chance to snag elusive Grey Fox cardback!

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:19 AM PST

    PSA: Another Adjustment to Invade coming

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:19 AM PST

    Big Burly Boi never gets love. I’ve never been able to use him well. You guys have any luck?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:04 AM PST

    Are there any plans to fix invade?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:34 AM PST

    Pretty much the title. This game has the ability to be so fun. There are many many creative decks one can make that are a joy to play, until you get hit with 3/5 matches being against invade. Every single match against these decks I'm one turn away from a win with max hp, when suddenly they go from no board to a full board of just everything, also getting tons of hp back. There is NO skill or thought, and more importantly there is no counter play. I have yet to see SP even talk about the issue let alone a solution. So back to the question, are there any plans or do I need to take a break from this once fun game?

    submitted by /u/wedges675
    [link] [comments]

    TESL Player being BRUTALLY defeated by Invade Combo before having a chance to respond (Colourised)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 06:25 AM PST

    Looking for Advice on Playing Midrange Deck

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:00 AM PST

    Hello TESL reddit! I am having some trouble understanding how to optimally play my midrange Tribunal deck and wanted to get some input from some more seasoned players here.

    Some background: I am pretty new to the game, this is my second month on ladder (I had played a long time ago briefly but basically only got through the story). Last month I was able to climb to rank 4 in my first month playing, with a pseudo-budget Mid BM list. Therefore I was able to start this month at rank 5 after reset. I am not free to play but am a budget player, and spend money somewhat conservatively on the game. I had saved up gems and gold to put together a fairly complete Mid Tribunal list based upon deinernst123's list (shout-out and thanks for the list if you see this post!). I chose this because it looked fun to play and strong. Deck code included below with my budget substitutions.

    At first, things were going well this month, I was able to get to the top of rank 3 in about 5 days but I have since stalled. I was one win away from rank 2 on at least 5 occasions but couldn't close it out and am now back down to the snake.

    I honestly think the list is strong but that my lack of experience is holding me back. However I am open so suggestions for fine-tuning the list or if there are better substitutions than the ones I made.

    Primarily, I am having trouble knowing when to play out my hand for tempo vs when to hold back for value; when to break runes and bring down their life total over a few turns vs. building a huge board for one-two turn kill; I also struggle knowing how aggressively to mulligan for early curve vs keeping high-impact mid to late game cards. I do think I understand general mechanics such as winning field and value trades but I am sure I could learn more here too.

    Anyway, any input is greatly appreciated! I also want to note I recognize many people aren't happy with the meta but I don't think that's my main problem. I have only played about 5 or 6 invade combo decks total this month and am around 50% against them.

    Deck link- Mid Tribunal: https://www.legends-decks.com/deck/71838/mid-tribunal-7-finish-september

    Substitutions: -3 Gray Viper for 3 discerning thief (do not have gray viper yet) -1 dawnbreaker for 1 lightning bolt (no dawnbreaker yet) -1 black dragon for 1 piercing twilight (saving gold for story expansion) -2 monastic champion for 2 temple conjurer (do not have monsastic)

    submitted by /u/AustinSLU6
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve finally accomplished the Ancano+Red Year combo for the win!!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 11:51 PM PST

    3 Level 10 gates vs Almalexia with skinned hound

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 06:12 PM PST

    https://reddit-uploaded-media.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/images%2Ft2_10szxz%2F96lwq4uzvqz31

    Thought you all might enjoy this as much as I did. I don't post much but this seems worthy to share. I was playing my daily quest exalt deck. My opponent had 3 gates at about level 9, with me down to 9 health. I throw down an exalted Almalexia with skinned hound, this is probably what saved my butt. It was still difficult to stabilize, because he just kept drawing cards with the buffed daedra. I think the 3 gates kind of worked against him because there was no space for him to hide in the shadow lane. I took this screenshot when my opponent decided to disconnect most likely out of rage quit.

    submitted by /u/snov15
    [link] [comments]

    Feedback thread [Not official]

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 05:31 AM PST

    With the release of JoO and shitstorm that followed afterwards, i think it is fair to say that people are not happy with couple of design choices. I made this thread for everyone to express the aspects of the game they like and dislike. I highly encourage everyone to post both, to give devs a clear picture of what players want as well as what we don't want.

    submitted by /u/tnobuhiko
    [link] [comments]

    Just realized this could usually counter Gates. Execute, And devour are what I usually use to deal with gates how about you?

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:09 AM PST

    Can we talk about Arena balance?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 08:22 PM PST

    I am so sick of getting wrecked by people with multiple legendaries and epics, while I sit with 21 commons, 8 rares and MAYBE 1 epic.

    submitted by /u/NerfMantikoraPls
    [link] [comments]

    A lazy rainy morning and a honest attempt to homebrew a new deck while sipping coffee.. spent a good 15+ minutes in collection drawing a preliminary pool of cards.. but I forgot about the "hidden" Sparkypants TORTURE DEVICE. GZ Sparky - you just ruined my fvcking day! :(

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 01:24 AM PST

    this is an official meme now

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 07:14 AM PST

    I just met my doppelgänger

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:50 AM PST

    Do support cards stack

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 05:44 PM PST

    Say I have 3 Halls of the dwemer can I play them all at once and if I can do they stack?

    submitted by /u/yesYesYYYEEESSS
    [link] [comments]

    I dont think invade is that powerful.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 09:53 AM PST

    I dont fear invade.And when people say invade then invade, it is a good joke, but truth is, to let opponent fill the board on turn 6 with fully keyworded daedra, is to play nothing, or to have a bad hand.It s happening sometimes, you got only 5-6 cost and can do nothing because of opponent s got more lucky.And who s guilty because of that?Invade ft uncle Camoran

    submitted by /u/Greaterbalgruulf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment