• Breaking News

    Friday, December 6, 2019

    Elder Scrolls: Legends An Update on The Elder Scrolls: Legends

    Elder Scrolls: Legends An Update on The Elder Scrolls: Legends


    An Update on The Elder Scrolls: Legends

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:00 AM PST

    We would like to provide an update on Legends in regard to new content. Our previous roadmap indicated we would be releasing one more set this year. We decided to put any new content development or releases on hold for the foreseeable future. This decision will not in any way affect the release and development of GAEA's Asia-specific version of Legends, which is operated separately, but will inform our decisions on content and feature development going forward.

    Until then, you can still download and play Legends on all existing platforms and compete online as well as in the single-player modes. We will also continue to support the game with monthly reward cards and regular in-game events. New expansions and other future content, however, are no longer under active development. We will continue to provide ongoing maintenance support.

    To thank you all for supporting Legends these past few years, and for continuing to play with us, we are giving away The Tamriel Collection – an assortment of new, three-attribute cards and more – to all players for free upon their next login. We are immensely grateful to work on The Elder Scrolls: Legends, to have you as a community, and we sincerely appreciate the love and support you've given us.

    submitted by /u/CVH
    [link] [comments]

    A huge thank you to all our fans, from Sparkypants

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:11 AM PST

    To all our fans,

    As you may have already heard, Bethesda has shared news regarding future content for The Elder Scrolls: Legends. From the moment we were given the privilege to work on the game we have been nothing short of obsessed with making it the best it possibly could be. Completely rebuilding a pre-existing title from scratch under deadline with a new client, game server, and backend was no easy feat, with every system, gameplay nuance, animation, and visual effect having to be recreated. The result was a mad dash to initial release that was decidedly rough, but we, along with Bethesda, loved the game, wanted it to continue, and had been working heads down on a shared vision we hoped to bring to all Legends players.

    Over these last 18 months the connection we experienced from the Legends community has been wonderfully uplifting. You supported us through every release and some significant bumps in the road. You challenged us when we missed the mark and that helped us to learn and grow. Nothing was more enjoyable than seeing your excitement from each expansion, feature addition, and requested quality of life change. You put a smile on our collective face every time with your kind words and passion. Truly we couldn't have asked for a better fan base. We love you.

    Moving forward it is up to Bethesda to decide the shape of ongoing support for Legends. Most questions should now be directed to CVH or Customer Service. As far as the Asian version goes, while it is being built on our reworked version of Legends we've not been directly involved beyond the very occasional consultation. But we're excited to see where they take it! With that said, please know that we are still around. Some of us have moved on to other endeavors, but a core of us are still here, always open to a quick chat. <3

    Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts and to Bethesda for being a great partner. It's been a heck of a time.

    All the best,

    The Sparkypants Team

    submitted by /u/SparkyDeckard
    [link] [comments]

    I love you all

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:38 AM PST

    Legends changed my life in more ways than I can possibly explain. I was still on parole when I was invited to join the closed beta, and struggling to find my place in the world. My life experience had left me without a ton of confidence in my ability to succeed, and though I was going to school and doing my best to help my brother and sisters in reentry from prison, I was a poor public communicator and felt that most people wouldn't want to hear my story if I told it.

    I started making youtube videos because Sandra, who was then my girlfriend, thought it'd be fun.

    It ended up showing me that I was capable of more than I ever thought I was. I told my story and the feedback was more empowering than I ever expected.

    Through Legends, I met some lifelong friends. I travelled the country, flexed creative muscles I didn't know I had, and most importantly, learned to put myself out there.

    If it wasn't for that experience, I don't think I'd be where I'm at now. I went from a guy making no money, working on an undergraduate degree in substance use counseling and living in a basement rented by family to a home owning married man travelling and speaking and developing programs to help the formerly and currently incarcerated. I have 2 classes left in my master's program.

    And the boost I got from Legends gave me the confidence I needed to make all of those moves. I stumbled many times, but I learned from those stumbles as much as I did from my successes.

    It's been a fantastic game, and the spectacle of it all was wonderful, but at the end of the day, my time with Legends is something I'm going to recognize as part of my journey off the streets and into the world I am now truly a part of - I'll always remeber Legends as a change agent in my own life, as I work to be a change agent in our broken criminal justice system.

    submitted by /u/justinlarson
    [link] [comments]

    Respect for not charging us money for the new set, then kill the game in a month anyway.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:12 AM PST

    They could have easily charged $50 for Tamriel, and also make more alt art bundles during the holidays for $20 each.

    Glad they didn't.

    I love TESL, I will def continue to play. But this is very unfortunate news.

    I've been playing since the iOS release. TESL was my go-to game. Just sad...

    submitted by /u/eyemdef
    [link] [comments]

    RIP TESL

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:31 AM PST

    You were loved and you will be missed

    submitted by /u/Osubaker33
    [link] [comments]

    Ironic...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:51 AM PST

    Unstoppable Rage - Full Alt Art

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:24 AM PST

    Legends has just hit its death rattle, and I’m pissed about it.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:43 AM PST

    This game has been amazing. It's been a rather major part of my life for three years, it's had highs and lows, new developers, and one whiny but amazing subreddit. It's a GREAT card game. But it's never taken off. Legends had all the components to be a major success: it is based on a VERY popular franchise, it has several unique properties when compared to similar games, it's meta (while sometimes a bit annoying) is constantly changing and rarely ever "oppressive." But there was no exposure. I've played ESL for a longer period of time than any other game of any type. Ever. Hell, I can say it's had a significant, positive, impact on my life. But the only reason I even know what it is is because YouTube recommended a video from u/justinlarson Not from Bethesda, not from a banner on the App Store, not from a Steam or Youtube ad, but from a content creator's video. The community is one of the best parts of ESL and it's literally what brought me in. And now that's all in jeopardy because it's not profitable. But that's not the game's fault, or the community's. Its my believe that Bethesda's own lack of exposure and/or advertisement doomed this game from the start. And I'm pissed about it.

    submitted by /u/TempusFugit314
    [link] [comments]

    [Tamriel Collection] - Imgur Album of New Cards

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:15 AM PST

    Open Source TESL?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:07 AM PST

    With the departure of SparkyPants, the future of the game seems precarious.

    As a veteran web programmer and a former game programmer who loves TESL, I'd love to see it move to a community-developed model.

    I imagine Bethesda has other plans, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

    submitted by /u/PaulMorel
    [link] [comments]

    THANK YOU SPARKYPANTS

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:29 AM PST

    giving out a ton of free cards for no reason? and they are all super interesting? hell yeah

    submitted by /u/FAIRYTALE_DINOSAUR
    [link] [comments]

    Tamriel collection

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    A free set of all new cards including one card from each 3 attribute combination... log in and claim your "special offer"!

    submitted by /u/christodanger
    [link] [comments]

    I can't believe this...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:48 AM PST

    The new cards are even amazing, both lore, design and graphic/animations. This game deserves to live :/

    submitted by /u/SirGreengrave
    [link] [comments]

    Good bye everyone

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:19 AM PST

    I never minded that the community was small, it made us all the better players. I'll miss the game and all of you. Thank you Sparky and Direwolf.

    submitted by /u/Raff0309
    [link] [comments]

    Public Service Announcement for Hexagauntlet

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:51 AM PST

    Everyone and their pet Atronach can and will run 6 copies of Soul Shred + Telvanni Tower. You're probably going to get decked. UNLESS you run mono-neutral, which for some reason is immune to Soul Shred (I guess neutral doesn't count as an attribute). So if you find the arena is crawling with Soul Shred, you can fall back on mono-neutral Crabscription or 6x Halls of the Dwemer.

    This announcement is brought to you by the Soul Shred haters.

    submitted by /u/Karimo101
    [link] [comments]

    My thoughts as a rookie game designer

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 11:17 AM PST

    I'm not one to exaggerate, but to say I'm heartbroken is putting it lightly. As a custom card designer for Legends, I've invested countless hours both in playing the game and in creating fan content, in the form of full-sized expansions that have allowed me to express my love of the game, the genre, and the lore. My ambition as a soon-to-graduate student of Game Design was always to work with Sparkypants to bring new aspects of the lore to life, and to discover that that ambition will almost-assuredly never come true has left me feeling pretty awful.

    Before I go into what the role of content creators will be now that the client is being put in maintenance-mode, I wanted to weigh in on some of the doubts people will inevitably have about the state of the game. Keep in mind I'm not a professional game developer (yet), but I do know the industry and the typical development pipeline games go through.

    What I think is most likely is that when CVH and Bethesda say that development of new content is being put on hold 'for the foreseeable future', that will mean permanently. It's always nice to hope, but the fact that Legends just lost its second developer is fairly indicative of 'diminishing returns' for Bethesda. Investing in a third developer likely isn't in their financial interests, and since the game isn't going to get any more content, the user-base is only going to decline. Unless we pull a very successful Kickstarter campaign (and I mean incredibly successful), this will be it - that is, unless their mind isn't yet made up about its potential to succeed.

    I'd like to add that I don't intend to antagonise Bethesda, nor do I want to derail this thread with 'Bethesda hate'. There are things that made me wonder whether their expectations of Sparkypants were a bit too ambitious, such as the fact that the new client was released when it wasn't ready, or the ambitiousness of releasing four DLCs in a year. But again, these are theories and not conclusions.

    So what are our roles as content creators now? If my suspicions that official content will be limited indefinitely to monthly reward cards and events are correct, content creators are going to be even more important for keeping the player-base as active as possible and for as long as possible. We're lucky in that the client is still active, but unfortunately it's inevitable that we'll be waiting longer to find games the further down the road we go. As a card designer, I'd like to ask that everyone welcome custom card designs on this sub as much as possible, and to not downvote them indiscriminately or without giving some useful feedback to the creators. For myself and many others, it's an important part of improving as game designers and good feedback is essential to that process.

    On the subject of cards, I suspect that once the monthly reward cards that Sparkypants designed are all released, there will be no new cards at all. Simply coming up with more card designs and releasing them isn't enough, as they still need to be thoroughly tested by a development team (which Legends no longer has). Once we're all out of those cards, it will be up to custom card designers to carry the torch in spirit, and I encourage everyone to pitch their designs wherever possible. Personally, I will most likely be continuing with my card expansions - I've had three in the backlog for months, some of which I may be working on with another content creator in the community.

    Regarding the question many custom card designers like myself will probably ask themselves, namely 'Will Bethesda allow us to create content for them?': the answer is undoubtedly going be 'no'. While I would gladly develop official content for free, it's still technically exploitative for a company to let people work for them without paying them. That said, if Bethesda is still considering supporting Legends by finding a new developer and hiring new card designers, consider this my 'Sign me up' badge.

    As a loose conclusion, I recommend everyone keep their expectations for Legends realistic. Odds are there will be no third developer, but in the event that Bethesda is still considering whether Legends is worth investing in, prove to them it is. Shower every Legends community on every platform with praise and creative content. Don't stop playing the game or investing the occasional bit of money into it, and don't give people reason to leave this community.

    Luck to your House

    -Hazash-

    submitted by /u/Hazash_
    [link] [comments]

    Why are people acting as if Legends is being finished?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:42 AM PST

    New content is "on hold". The support for the game will still be there. We were fed enough content this year (4expansions). I can honesty live without new content for a whole year.

    submitted by /u/amethystlocke
    [link] [comments]

    SO... Who's planning to keep playing?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:46 AM PST

    Personnaly I love the game too much, I don't want to switch to any other CCG. I think I will keep playing till they shut the servers down.

    submitted by /u/SiuolReinerg
    [link] [comments]

    The Recent Alt-Art Bundles (in Hindsight)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:37 AM PST

    Alright so we can all agree we got played for buying any of them. I wouldn't have spent a dime knowing they were killing the game a few weeks later, and they knew that would be most people's case. Feels really slimy now.

    That's all. I'm sad for TESL and hope it returns down the road. It still has the best overall mechanics, but with no additional support coming the base will dwindle off.

    submitted by /u/Whiskey_Dry
    [link] [comments]

    Midnight Burial + Soul Tear/Defiler/Reanimate allows you to tutor any creature you want

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:52 AM PST

    NO RESTRICTIONS! And it gets +1/+1 plus whatever level your Soul Tear is at. This is going to be busted.

    submitted by /u/Karimo101
    [link] [comments]

    Petition to Keep The Game Alive

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 11:01 AM PST

    I love this game so much and this news is honestly heartbreaking. I understand the servers aren't being shutdown yet but without future content they might as well be. Please, if you share the same sentiments, make your voice heard!

    submitted by /u/StanTheBasedMan
    [link] [comments]

    TESL Revenue from iOS and Android vs Others (source: sensortower.com)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 11:23 AM PST

    Uhhh anyone else get this?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:26 AM PST

    In celebration of TESL, share your favorite moment from the game's history!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:06 AM PST

    In light of the sad news, I imagine we're all feeling a bit nostalgic. So why not share our favorite moments from Legends history? Let's share some great memories together.

    For me, I think my favorite moment was u/thejustinlarson summoning Dagoth Ur with Seige of Stros Mkai and then downing a bunch of hot sauce.

    Runner up is all the fun I had cohosting Podcast Into Time.

    What is your favorite TESL memory??

    submitted by /u/The_WayneMcPayne
    [link] [comments]

    So, about that Bounty Bundle...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:11 AM PST

    It feels like it was rather cynically timed to harvest a few more bucks before today's bombshell announcement. Not to mention the Witches Festival pack from about a month ago.

    submitted by /u/sal_ZA
    [link] [comments]

    We, your paying and loyal customers, deserve more answers than a sudden goodbye.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 12:10 PM PST

    We got some questions for you:

    • Are balance changes a possibility moving forward, if something is really out of whack?

    • Is CVH staying with Legends?

    • Who from Sparky is staying with Legends?

    • What sort of communication, if any, can we expect moving forward?

    • Are game servers going to eventually be shut down?

    • What actually happened? How did we come to this point?

    submitted by /u/THEFINALTUNAFISH
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, in our dying moments, we receive a right and true Conscription counter. Oh the irony. The sweet and painful irony.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:47 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment