• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 15, 2020

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Coming back from LOR

    Elder Scrolls: Legends Coming back from LOR


    Coming back from LOR

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 08:56 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Just a short (edited : can't honestly keep 'short' here) message to say that, as plenty other people, I jumped ship when LoR went into open beta. At a minimum out of curiosity (Riot has a good rep, and I never played a single game from them) and the called death of tesl clearly helped. I was hooked, and very soon the only time i played tesl was when i had nothing but a phone available.

    never quite quit TESL, though, because I had too much respect for what DWD and Sparky did to simply dump it.I imagined it would slowly drift away from my attention (as faeria, artefact, and others I have since forgotten) until I realized some day 'hey ... wow, it's been wee.. months since i last logged-in ... it was a good game. *was*'

    Well, after about 2 months of Runeterra, compared to 2.5 years of TESL, I am happy to state here that I'm already done with LOR (or pretty much). It has plenty, plenty competitive advantages : young, sexy, fantastic polish, dynamic gameplay (not alt-tabbing after hitting 'end of turn' there), so much brain material put into UX and card collection, draft mode, visuals and animations are !!!!!! and plenty gambling/betting/braining opponent toying with initiative ('yeah, I passed first action, with full mana. what do you make of that? are you gonna take the bait ?'). Not much time lost in a game. spell mana is a very elegant take on curve management.etc ...

    I won't deny its fantastic qualities.

    But maaaan, it's d.u.m.b.

    The most complex and subtle things there are like

    • 'target opponent 8 times, survive, draw XXX, and then throw your hand at your opponent'
    • sacrifice plenty tokens, get an overstated dude, connect.
    • use card creating trash in your hand for free, then 'cycle x' into 'draw x', profit
    • and the classic 'low curve, connect, and spice it with some reach'

    gameplay-wise, design-wise, it feels like LoR has 2% the potential of tesl : synergies, combos, strategies ... anything can completely fit into a 15 seconds explanation. design space it narrow. Playing the game adds very, very little to simply netdecking and watching match-up stats, or comparing decklist A versus decklist B

    It is, actually, not that much different from a very very articulate and interesting tic-tac-toe.

    To me, TESL still is by several orders of magnitude the smartest and deepest strategic 'digital card game' available. It still has flaws (I'm fed up with passive turns, meta is and will be stale, high end arena simply doesn't work, it bears some ... *questionable* ... design, and Bethesda ... well, nothing against you /u/iamcvh, but ... well...) but I feel like I could play 1000 hours of pvp arena and ladder and still get more fun and surprises there than what I'll get when the next lor expansion hit the stores.

    There's a comparison I often make with food, and it still holds there :

    • Hearthstone is McDonald's : cheap, easy to eat, easy to digest, it's an all around okayish fast food (in France, I hear in the US it's trash). It's been there for years.
      • Btw I still think HS is a fantastic product. If you want to know what real garbage is, check the numerous games than never convinced enough people of their quality to keep queues under 20 minutes.
    • LoR is the brand new burger joint : it's clearly orders of magnitude better. Can't be called trash for sure. And that's what people talk about and what marketing guys want to emulate... now...
    • Tesl is ... well, a quality 3 course meal restaurant.

    One shouldn't expect the same thing from a 3 course meal than from a fast food. For a start you can eat in the former 7 times a week and still don't get sick. Don't try that with fast food.

    (and btw, in my comparison, boardgames like Diplomacy or Through the Ages are ***** Michelin places)

    Well, all that to say ... If I had 10 people to convince to try something, I'd advise Tesl. 10 times

    submitted by /u/Tandyys
    [link] [comments]

    Mirror Gauntlet (Apr. 10-13) - Top 100 Players

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    Even Gauntlet (April 17-20)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    It’s time to put an end to the Oblivion Crisis

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Non uniques you only need 1 copy of

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 05:12 AM PDT

    Just wondering what you guys think are good or situationally amazing cards (of epic or legendary rarity) that aren't unique, but don't need more than one of in a deck to use.

    My vote is Mushroom Tower in a telvanni deck. Can be amazing for trickery and surprises, but has a super high cost and very situational usefulness.

    submitted by /u/t3kwytch3r
    [link] [comments]

    There really needs to be a "are you sure you are done with your turn?" option

    Posted: 15 Apr 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    I cannot count how many times I have accidentally skipped my turn playing this game on mobile that have costed me many crucial games. Idk if my fingers/hands are fat as fuck or what, but this has gone on for too long. When you press the "play" (next) button, there should be some sort of safe net behind it. Know what I mean? This has frustrated me for ages. I would be trying to play my cards and then all of a sudden my fucking fat ass hand decides to hit the "end turn" button. FUCK!!

    submitted by /u/Throwaway0865789
    [link] [comments]

    [24H Giveaway] 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket, 100 Gold, and 100 Souls

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Been cleaning out my Humble Bundle keys and found this. I don't play Legends so I hope someone here can make good use of it. Pretty sure it still works, my other Humble keys have not expired.

    Post a number between 1-200 and i'll use a random number generator to pick a winner tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/Mendelson9
    [link] [comments]

    They quit before I could kill them with a sweet roll.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Can't seem to beat arena.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Hey there, I've been playing for a fair while and I would consider myself a mediocre to average player. I feel like I win casual versus about half the time maybe more.

    However

    I cannot, ever, seem to beat the solo arena. I make it to 5 or 6 and then I've got my three losses and I'm out...

    Anyone like to share some rookie mistakes I am probably making when selecting a deck? Or with how I am playing?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/Dyronyr
    [link] [comments]

    Thought I’d just add to the 50-card-End-Wil-fest goin on rn.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment